Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Great Grandma Miller

My Great Grandma and Me

My great grandma died when I was 5 or 6 years old and I am now 36 years old, but I do remember her. She loved to crochet and knit and even tried to show me one time how to. I only have a few memories of her but I remember her making me a colorful beaded necklace, reading books to me, me going up in her room trying on her clothes and using her powder puff (those perfumed powder puffs), putting white perfumed powder all over myself. She had very bad eyes and had cataract surgery, and one time I remember taking some of her eye patches and her old glasses and wearing them to school when I was in first grade. I think of her every year on April 22nd and I found this picture on my computer that I had scanned in many years ago. Happy Birthday to my Great Grandma Grace Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment