Friday, August 24, 2012

Busy Busy Busy

It's been a crazy few weeks with the house remodel and going to Washington DC last weekend, and so much running around. Things at work are slowing down a little bit, I think we have all the football tickets shipped out, now on to Hockey and Basketball.

The Sunroom and downstairs Family room are all done with the dry wall being fixed. We also had the ceiling redone in a texture because the previous owner must have used a spray on texture and only did it in a few spots, the amount of things he only did half way or didn't do really makes me mad. He didn't even tape the dry wall, that's why we slowly started getting cracks on the walls. Everything is fixed and ready to be painted, I just need to pick out the paint colors.

Tomorrow the paint guy comes to start the kitchen, dining area and living room along with the upstairs hallway and downstairs. He is going to do all the trim and doors also. After all this is done, then we will have the downstairs painted. Next part of the remodel is the downstairs bathroom, he is pulling out the shower on Monday and seeing what we can fit in the small space for replacement. The shower unit in there now is one from Lowe's or Home Depot that has a plastic base and it's very hard to keep clean. My bathroom has plastic hard tile so that's all being ripped out and replaced with ceramic. I just need to pick the stuff out. One room at a time.

I keep going online looking for accessories to decorate with. I think I will stick to using my vacation pictures for the art. I always get them printed off in black and white with a matching photo mat. For 4 years now I have had the San Francisco Pier 39 Sea Lions in my kitchen and have had many compliments, people have thought I bought the pictures but I took them myself :) and the memories I have when I look at them.

I had my farm table delivered last week and I love it! I have it covered up right now since the painting starts tomorrow and I am trying to sell my old table. Here is a picture of it that the guy sent me.
When I went to DC, I met him at the Eastern Market where he is vendor and I paid him, he had one of  his friends deliver it to my house from Pittsburgh, I can't wait to get everything put in place.


I splurged a little and bought myself these jeans from Anthropologie

AG Stevie Polka Dot Ankle in Grey

AG Stevie Polka Dot Ankle in Coral
I love the way they look and feel, I wear a size 2 or 4 and I bought the size 27 which is a US 4, I even I called a few stores and asked how they fit since I was ordering them online. They told me they fit true to size and they do, I just should have bought the 2, I can wear a belt, I just hope they don't stretch like a  lot of people say they do because then they will be alittle big.

I also had to have this dress, it's ME all the way because I LOVE cats, obsessed with cats :) I bought the size 2, this does run big, if I lose any weight it will be too big, I read the reviews that it runs big in the top and it does. It's very short though so my husband says if I wear it to work I have to wear leggings and I agree. If I wear it out on vacation though, it will still look good without leggings.


My next post will be about my weekend in Washington DC, we took my youngest brother who turned 20. We had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment