Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It just seemed to hit me all at once..........my oldest will be a senior this year :(


 
Last year he started driving now this year he will be a senior

I am having a very hard time right now emotionally. All of a sudden it hit me that Gage my 17 year old (my oldest) is going to be a senior this year and we are talking about college right now. This is hurting more than ever, it's like I just woke up and realized he is almost all grown up. I am praying to God he picks a college that he will live at home and commute to. I feel so selfish for thinking that, but I will support whatever he wants to do. The thought of him leaving already is killing me. My heart is breaking and I don't know if I am ready for this. Time has just flew by :(  

I am looking forward so much to him working with me this summer, our 2 week vacation together and so much more, but why am I already thinking of the future and how bad it's going to hurt. Instead I need to find a way to be excited for him, knowing that he is now going to be going to college and pursuing his dreams.

One important thing that I am so thankful for is the amount of vacations that I have taken with my husband and two sons. We have taken more vacations then most people take in a life time and this is something I have always ALWAYS looked forward to, building memories with my family and giving them as much as I can with traveling and experiencing so many things.

I have to be strong and know that everything will be fine, but it's just hurting me right now and I have to tell myself not to think about it.

waiting at the Pittsburgh Airport last year to go to Fort Lauderdale

Pepe's Pizzeria in New Haven, CT last year

pizza place in Florida last year

No comments:

Post a Comment