Wednesday, May 16, 2012

This and That

Cecropia Moth on the side of our building at work


Coming into work this morning as I walked up to the door was this beautiful what I thought was a butterfly but later learned it was a Cecropia Moth. It's gorgeous! The colors, it's size,the little feather looking antennas. This is what makes me happy! A beautiful insect that reminds me of childhood,  although I do remember putting bugs and butterflys in jars then letting them free, but now as an adult thinking about that makes me cringe. How cruel that was, but I didn't know any better at a young age capturing them to watch them. I looked up this moth online and sadly they only live for 2 weeks. They do not eat and their only purpose is to mate! Very sad :(

I am feeling great! I have been eating so clean for months and months. Tom has lost 14 lbs in 1 week and 3 days. His headaches are gone and he is experiencing what I did when I first became a vegetarian, my smell became stronger. I know it sounds weird but it's true. He has so much more energy already, instead of me doing the treadmill every night, him and I have been going for walks for 1 hour every night. It feels so good and the weather has been wonderful.

Everyday we are making so many delicious meals at home. I don't crave any bad foods at all anymore, I actually crave fruit and my biggest craving is homemade guacamole! I can't get enough of it. I can eat 2 avocados and not gain a pound, they are high in fat but it's the good fat, it fills me up and I love it!

On Sunday, Tom made bean burgers and asparagus and green onion on the grill. YUM!




 Chocolate Almond Nut Butter

I have been making my own Nut Butter and this one is perfect. I got the recipe from Oh She Glows and it's very easy!

2 cups of Almonds Raw Plain- Put in Food Processor for 15 minutes, scraping sides of processor every minute.

1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips (or regular chocolate) with a teaspoon of Coconut Oil-Microwave or Melt in pot, if you microwave it, stir every 30 seconds for a total of 1.5 minutes.

Add melted chocolate and 1/4 tsp of seat salt to food processor after the 15 minutes and process for 1 minute and you have perfect Chocolate Almond Nut Butter!






Here are two of my cats that seem to love to lay on our kitchen table (I am a very clean person lol) This morning I took the picture because my son was trying to eat his cereal and Haystack (the big black one) was trying so hard to get his milk. By the way that is the last of the dairy milk in the house. I told the boys one change I am making with them is no more dairy milk.


No comments:

Post a Comment