Friday, July 27, 2012

Finally Friday!

It's been almost 3 weeks since my vacation and I am still trying to find time to update my blog with my vacation pictures. This is our busiest season ever-Football Season and the next 2 weeks are going to be very busy for me, I have been working 11-12 hour days. I brought some work home this weekend to do. I am so exhausted right now and so happy that it's Friday.

We are also busy here at home getting things in order for the guy who will be painting my kitchen, dining room, living room and the upstairs hallway. Also he had recommended someone to re-do our bathrooms and dry wall patch ups downstairs. I had the guy give us an estimate and it was very good! I found out during the estimate that the previous owner didn't tape the dry wall together and that's why we are getting cracks in the seams in our downstairs family room and sunroom. Every year it seems to get worse. So instead of painting over it like he did, we are going to get it fixed then paint. I haven't decided the colors for any of the other rooms, I do still want yellow somewhere in the house, it was going to be my kitchen but we changed it to Lime Green and Dark Grey.

I also found the guy that was selling Reclaimed Barnwood tables at the Eastern Market in Washington DC. Back in March this year, we went to DC and I loved this table we found, but we had no way of getting it back home and I have thought about it ever since. I was able to find his name by writing on Eastern Market's facebook page, I told them where the vendor was located and what kind of stuff he had, they were able to give me his name and I also found an article about him. I contacted him and he is going to arrange to have the table delivered or meet him close to Pittsburgh. He even sent me this picture


I want to use modern chairs so the table doesn't have a country look to it. I found these awesome chairs that are recycled and made of 111 Coca Cola Plastic Bottles, the chair is the 111 Navy Chair and it comes in Red, Green, Light Grey, Charcoal, Orange and White. I am waiting for a swatch sample to come in the mail to see if it matches the green I am having the kitchen painted. You can find them here. I am thinking of getting 2 Green and 2 Charcoal Grey ones.

Designed by Emeco-111 Navy Chair


Tom has been making me some wonderful YUMMY dinners every night when I get home.

Chicken Salad Sandwiches-made with Gardein Vegan Chicken, carrots and celery, Earth Balance Mayo, Trader Joes Vegan Bread,  Lettuce, Tomato and Onions



2 different calzones- 1 on left has Field Roast Sausage, peppers,onions, spinach and Daiya cheese and sauce. The one on right has just Daiya Mozzarella Cheese and Sauce

Inside the Calzone with Field Roast Italian Sausage and Daiya Cheese,etc-Made with Trader Joe's Vegan Pizza dough
Fried Green Tomatoes and Green Beans from my mom's garden
Tofu Scramble with Green Tomatoes inside Vegan Tortilla with Daiya Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese, and Gimme Lean Sausage (Vegan)
I am going to try to make those Almond Butter Chocolate Chip cookies again this weekend, my boys and Tom loved them and so did I. YUMMY!!!!!

I hope to post about our 2 days in Boston tomorrow, but for now I am off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment