Sunday, July 22, 2012

Making a lot of Yummies here this weekend!

My husband found a vegan blogger that has tons of awesome recipes, the site is The Vegan Zombie

Some might find his videos a little crazy but eventually you find yourself going back and watching them and making his delicious recipes.

I had made some Vegan brownies a few weeks ago that used a banana in them and they came out great but the banana stood out, not too bad though. Then yesterday I tried The Vegan Zombie's Brownie Recipe and I am in love! I will never make another brownie again, unless it's his recipe. They were the most perfect, moist, chocolate, oh my gosh brownies I have ever had! They are in no means low fat, but they are completly Vegan and anyone in the world, Vegan or not would love them. I just made a 2nd batch today :) along with using his Vegan Peanut Butter Choclate Chip Cookie Recipe,  I used Almond Butter instead and they are so perfect. So sweet and so yummy!


First the incredible Brownies (you can watch the video here if you would like


preheat oven 350
1/4 cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread (room temp)
1/4 cup Earth Balance Shortening
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup silken tofu
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup flour
1/4 cup agave nectar
handful of chocolate chips (vegan)
Bake for 40-45 mins at 350 degrees







Then I made the Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, they came out so good, we can't stop eating them! The video is here

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cups creamy peanut butter- I used Earth Balance Almond Butter Creamy
1/3 cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups flour
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
mix everything together. Form small balls dip in sugar and place on cookie sheet.
350 degrees for 10-12 mins







 Not only have we been eating sweets, but for lunch Tom made Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese with Tofurky Kielbasa Sandwiches with Onions. He used Daiya Pepper Jack Cheese. The dipping sauce was made with Vegan Mayo, Vegan Worcestershire, Onion Powder and Garlic Salt and a sprinkle of Cayenne.



And then tonight he made BLT's using Lightlife Organic Smoky Tempeh Strips, lettuce, tomatoes, and Earth Balance Organic Mayo, and Trader Joes Sprouted Whole Wheat Fiber Bread. I told him I wasn't hungry but had one bite that turned in to a few :) So good!


After all of this eating, I need to get on the treadmill :)



No comments:

Post a Comment