Saturday, June 22, 2013

S.W. Basics of Brooklyn Cleanser, Toner, Cream, and Vegan Lip Balm Review


I have always tried to find the best skincare products for my face. I have always had sensitive/acne prone skin and a lot of stronger products have left me with red blotchy dry skin or more breakouts then normal.

One major change in my skin was becoming a vegan, my acne disappeared. I still get an occasional breakout but it's nothing compared to my teenage through early 30's. I am now 36 and only break out once or twice a month so to me that is nothing.

For 3 years I had been using DDF products. I used the DDF Glycolic 5% Exfoliating Wash, DDF Glycolic Toning Complex ,DDF Glycolic 10% Exfoliating Moisturizer. When I first started using them, my skin had a glow that I knew was from the products because for a few months in between I stopped using them and felt like my face looked dull and dry. After doing a lot of research on the products, I found out they are owned by Proctor and Gamble and are tested on animals. This alone made me stop using them. Also there are so many ingredients that I don't know what they are in the products.

So I searched and researched so many products trying to find the one for me. I kept reading about S.W. Basics of Brooklyn and how everything is organic and there are only a few ingredients in each product, all natural and vegan also! I couldn't wait to try them. I bought the 1 oz cleanser, 1 oz toner, mini cream and vegan lipbalm. They accidently forgot my lip balm so shipped me out the full flight of 4 of them. I was thrilled!

I finished all of my old products before starting the new ones. I have used the S.W. Basics of Brooklyn products for almost 2 weeks now before reviewing them.

When I use cleansers I am used to a lot of suds and foam, so this cleanser is a lot different, it doesn't have any foaming. I think we all have been grown to believe that foaming and suds mean more clean, for instance shampoos, toothpastes, soaps, etc. But that is not the case at all. This cleanser makes my face so soft and clean. You put a little on a cotton ball and wipe your face and neck. Then rinse with cool water. The ingredients in the cleanser are
  • Rosewater*
  • Vegetable glycerin*
  • Tea tree oil*
*Organic


After I dry my face, I put a little toner on a cotton ball and repeat on my face and neck. The ingredients for the toner are
  • Water
  • Raw apple cider vinegar*
  • Witch hazel from Wild Crops Farm, MO
  • Essential oils of clary sage* and sandalwood*
*Organic
 
Then I take a very tiny amount of cream and put it all over my face. A tiny amount less than a pea size will be more than enough for your face and neck. The cream smells very good. The ingredients for the cream are
  • Wildcrafted unrefined shea butter°
  • Extra-virgin coconut oil*
  • Extra-virgin olive oil*
*Organic
°Fair Trade

I then put a little lip balm on and my lips feel incredible. I love the lip balms, the Citrus one is my favorite, but they are all yummy scented! The lip balm ingredients are
  • Candelilla wax
  • Extra-virgin coconut oil*
  • Cocoa butter*°
  • Essential oils* (In citrus, cinnamon, and peppermint options.)
There is NO buildup of any product on my face or lips. My face has a nice glow to it and feels very soft. I did not breakout at all from using these products. Normally when I try a new product I break out until I get used to them, but not in this case. I am extremely happy and plan on buying a few other products from them such as the body scrub and exfoliant. They provide wonderful customer service and great products! I highly recommend them!


No comments:

Post a Comment