Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Delicious Food Cooked at HOME

I am a very lucky lady, I come home every night to a cooked meal by my husband and everything is fresh, homemade, and Vegan. He is a big meat eater but makes the best meals I have ever had, better than eating out by a long run. I actually sit here and day dream about his food.

When we were in Cleveland this past weekend, he found the pasta maker that he has been wanting to get. He was SO excited to make homemade pasta for the first time, and I think I was more excited to try it! I hung out behind him watching and waiting and saying how hungry I was :) The great thing about it, it's only made of water and flour! It's cool to see a small ball of dough turn into a long sheet, then into the spaghetti noodles. This was like angel hair, he said the net time he will make it a little thicker. It was delicious, and he also made homemade spaghetti sauce with zucchini in it, YUM!

homemade pasta, homemade sauce, garlic toast (Italian bread with Earth Balance Vegan butter & garlic powder)
2 cups of this flour & 3/4 cup water







Yesterday I told Tom we needed to make sure we used our leftovers and produce before it went bad, so when I got home he had prepared these for me. They are stuffed tomatoes (left over white rice with lime & cilantro, zucchini, onion, pepper, salt and garlic) he left me a text to put them in the oven for 400 for 25 minutes and broil for 5 minutes. They came out perfect, I ended up eating 6 of them and he had 2.



No comments:

Post a Comment