Monday, April 16, 2012

Some of my FAVORITE Vegan foods


Below are some of my favorite Vegan foods that I eat out or make at home. I have been eating at home so much more and I actually crave the foods we have been making. I get so into food, the colors, the taste, the smell, etc. My husband has been making a lot of the Vegan meals for me and then he makes a side of meat for himself to add with it. That way I know what is in my food, we save money, and I just enjoy it more and more. I have had so many problems with ordering food without meat and I have inspected my food very well and found pieces of meat. I understand they are preparing the food usually together and this can happen, but when you eat Vegan or Vegetarian, you do not want to find any traces of it in your food, for me, I end the meal right there with a sick feeling of wondering if I ate some before I caught it.

CHIPOTLE- Vegetarian Burrito Bowl -(Cilantro-Lime Rice, Vegetarian Black Beans, Hot Salsa,Mild Salsa, Green Peppers and Onions, Corn) I always ask for extra black beans and rice and with this much, this can make 2 meals, sometimes my husband gets a meat on the side so we split this and only have to order 1 Burrito Bowl. www.chipotle.com  This is about the only take out food I get anymore unless we are on vacation or in a big city with more variety, there isn't many good options around us so when we go over to Ohio to grocery shop, I always get this.
Vegan Chili - corn, chili packets, spices, black beans, kidney beans

Alternative Baking Company-Lemon Poppy-seed Cookie -this is my favorite, the smell and taste of this cookie if you like lemon is INCREDIBLE! It brings back memories of my lemon meringue doll. http://alternativebaking.com/

Vegan Patty - My husband makes these for me, he got the idea from Sparrow Tavern in Brooklyn, NY, this was on the food channel, my husband watched the You Tube video clip and wrote down all the ingredients and added a few more of his own. I will post a separate entry about this, these are SO GOOD. They are incredible! The sauce is this picture is vegan mayo mixed with a mustard relish that my husband's friend makes and I am hoping to get the recipe.

Egg-less Noodles with purple cabbage,onions, olive oil, pepper, and salt

Penne, Vegan Sauce, Stuffed Red Pepper (Birdseye Steam Fresh Brown & Wild Rice with corn, carrots, and peas, and garlic, salt and pepper)

Steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower and Asparagus (then pan fried Asparagus with olive oil, salt, garlic, pepper)

Vegan Cherry & Walnut bread -THIS BREAD IS MY STAPLE, every morning I have one slice, I will post a separate entry on this, the most delicious breakfast bread ever and SO MOIST! Packed with fiber and vitamins.

Pumpernickel bread with homemade guacamole (I LOVE guacamole)

Chia Seed Energy Raw Balls- Made with dates, almonds, cocoa, coconut, agave nectar -a sweet treat that fills you up and gives you lots of energy!

Sprinkles Vegan Red Velvet cupcake -OH I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cupcake, it's the best cupcake I have ever eaten in my life and it's Vegan! (the one with the V is the only vegan one offered) I have been to the Washington D.C. and Chicago locations. http://www.sprinkles.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment