Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Green Monster

I found out all about this drink from Angela from Oh She Glows from here.  And at first like most I thought Spinach in a drink? I love Spinach but I wasn't sure about making a drink with it, but you can not taste the Spinach at all. You mostly taste the banana and the chocolate peanut butter and it's SO good! I freeze a bunch of bananas once they are fully ripe and when I go to make the shake, I pull one out. The recipe calls for ice, but I like mine without ice. The frozen banana makes it cold enough for me. I drink these right before my workout and it gives me that extra boost to have a good workout. I highly recommend these!

The recipe from Oh She Glows is

Classic Green Monster

Yield: 1 serving/2 cups
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup almond milk, or milk of choice
  • 1 ripe banana, preferably peeled + frozen
  • 2 handfuls organic spinach
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds OR 1 tbsp ground flax
  • 1 tbsp nut butter, optional
  • 1-3 ice cubes
  • protein powder of choice, optional

Directions: Starting with the liquid, add in 1 cup of milk of your choice. Now add in the chia or flax and nut butter. Next, add in the spinach followed by the banana on top. Blend until smooth. Add in your ice cubes and blend some more. Serves 1- about 2 cups.


No comments:

Post a Comment