Monday, April 23, 2012

Trader Joes & The Melt Bar and Grilled-Cleveland, Ohio

My husband and I decided to have a date day and head over to Cleveland to try the Melt Bar & Grilled for the first time. A friend of mine had just gone and told me they had Vegan Cheese. I have never tried Vegan cheese before so I was excited! There are 3 locations in Cleveland, we went to the one on Cedar Road in Cleveland Heights. It opened at 11 and I was expecting to be a long wait from what I have heard, but we got seated right away. Our waiter Patrick was great and the food came out quickly.

My sandwich was the Spinach Pie with Vegan Mozzarella -wilted garlic spinach, roasted red peppers, grilled onions. It was VERY Good, the flavor was great, there is a lot of spinach so the bottom of the bread started to get soggy. That was the first time that I tried Vegan cheese and at first I couldn't tell at all then it left an after taste that I didn't like. The texture is more rubbery than regular cheese. I don't think I will have vegan cheese again, but overall the sandwich was very good!

My husband ordered the Hot Italian - grilled salami, honey ham, pepperoni, sun-dried tomato pesto, roasted garlic, provolone. Both sandwiches came with fresh cut fries and coleslaw.

The atmosphere is fun, the place is decorated with all kinds of decor (Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Kiss, misc). There is a bar side and the restaurant side. We really enjoyed it.

We also spent the day shopping at Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Anthropologie, Crate & Barrel and Sur La Table. I posted a few pictures below from Trader Joes, their prices are better than Whole Foods and I love their selections. I saw Maple Sugar and got excited, I can't wait to try it! We had a great day together :)





Spinach Pie


Hot Italian











No comments:

Post a Comment